Each year we come together at the annual picnic with old and new caring friends to share updates about the children we support in the South of Haiti. On Saturday, August 27, 2016, 1-4 PM join us at the Holmdel Park Hilltop Picnic Shelter for another time of great testimonies and fun. It is always a blessing to hear from our friends who continue to support this amazing effort — they are the champions we talk about in Haiti. Our mission is to facilitate the education of the children, to that end; our programs and the academic initiatives we introduce are all focused on this objective. Let us know if you plan to join us… click on contact us on the website to connect.
Haitian Fathers love their children but many lack employment opportunities to help them grow. tCHF comes along the community we serve to help them provide for their children. Our focus is on education as we believe that only through education can a child grow to make a difference in our world. Haiti is only a few hours from our shores in the U.S., children there struggle every day in various areas. You can help us, share the vision for the children we support and, make it yours by donating and being a part of this work that we have begun. We intend to continue for years to come but, cant do it alone — we need you! Please consider joining us and let’s together write this story — “changing lives one child at a time” and, helping a dad…
We thank God and all of our supporters who made our digital literacy lab possible. It is an amazing project that is changing lives. We are still in need of new partners, change makers with vision to create a new generation of innovators in Haiti. Contact us and let’s together make a difference through technology education.
Today we remember the 2010 Haiti earthquake in Haiti which occurred at 16:53 local time (21:53 UTC) on Tuesday, 12 January 2010. It was a catastrophic magnitude 7.0 Mw earthquake, with an epicenter near the town of Léogâne 25 kilometers (16 mi) west of Port-au-Prince, Haiti’s capital. The death toll estimates ranged from 200,000 to 300,00 depending on the sources. This was a terrible blow to the country, its people and the already poor infrastructure. The earthquake caused major damage in Port-au-Prince, Jacmel and other settlements in the region. Several notable landmark buildings were significantly damaged or destroyed, including the Presidential Palace, the National Assembly building, the Port-au-Prince Cathedral to name a few.
Today we also pray for the many families who have suffered great losses as a result of the earthquake and for the many children who lost their parents. There are signs of reconstruction and many organizations such as tCHF continue their efforts to bring much needed assistance to the people of Haiti.
At tCHF our focus remain on establishing educational-focused initiatives to provide the communities we support with a chance to rise out of poverty. Our mission to change lives one child at a time is a key motivator for our team. We are always in need of volunteers and assistance, join us in this worthwhile pursuit.
May God richly bless you!
There are more children than ever who need your help. You can make a difference this #GivingTuesday in the lives of the children we support in Haiti. You can help us, help them, in several ways:
- $20/month will send a child to school
- donate any amount to help us provide lunch to the children on a daily basis at school
- donate any amount toward our new vision for a school bus to get our children to and from school
- donate any amount toward our Digital Literacy Program. This program is already touching lives and preparing kids for the future.
Click on #GivingTuesday to go to our website. All donations are Tax deductible. Thank you for your partnership!
… focus on education, not charity!
Did you know that:
- Women do 67% of the world’s work.
- Women produce 50% of the world’s food.
- Women earn 10% of the world’s income.
- Women own 1% of the world’s property.
Give to tCHF and help us provide for moms and children in Haiti. By influencing the lives of each child, providing for their needs to become educated and productive adults; we are also in essence partnering and helping the moms. This Christmas give to a family!
What’s on your shopping list this Christmas season? perhaps toys and video games, a new tablet or smartphone?
For impoverished children in Haiti, Christmas isn’t about getting the latest high-tech gadget, instead, their parents long to receive help that will improve their quality of life. This year through tCHF’s Christmas fund; you can give hope in several ways;
- $20.00 / month will help send a child to school,
- help us provide a hot meal once a day during the Academic year,
- assist with toys for our Kindergarten class. If you go to the toy store please pick up an additional truck for one of our kids and we will make sure it gets to the school before Christmas (Currently Their toy trucks have no wheels, they long for a real soccer ball instead of kicking plastic water bottles or anything that can be mimic a ball),
- You can also help with our new digital literacy program by donating funds for maintaining the new lab and computer equipment,
- how about helping us get a used school bus (or new) to get our kids from home to school and back. (Currently some journey long distances many miles, 1/2 hour walk is common and some go longer — and these are little children. If you have any ideas or can help with thin project let us know)
We thank you for your partnership as we continue our efforts together this holiday season. We are always available to speak with volunteers and supporters; contact us or drop us a note soon.
Be a Champion!
thank you very much….